But as for now, yeah, it's all the stereotypical reasons that people don't get tats. Worried about work, changing you mind, tackiness, sagging, kids, wedding, parents, life, special occasions, etc etc etc. So it's something that I've be torn over for years. There's one that has always ALWAYS resonated with me, and that's just an old school pair of swallows on your chest. The symbolism and imagery has always done it for me, and not to mention I think when done right, they're just gorgeous (yes, even in a wedding dress - although my gramps would will me). But again PERMANENT = SCAREY. And your chest is pretty out there. Granted it's really more your brestbone than your boobs so you won't really have much sagging.... can you hear me talking myself into this?
More than I would want, but you get the idea.
So what's this post about then? Well I'm considering stronly doing a quote of sorts somewhere. They can be kind of cheesey, but I'm finding some that I really like the jist of. This whole idea of accepting that I can't control the future has been really important/empowering/influential on my lately and something I've tried to enforce in my life (unsucessfully) many times before - so it's not like it's coming out of nowhere. Now where to put it is the questions. I really like Rachel Evan Woods' back tattoo, but I want to keep my back clean for now (just in case......), and I also think you need to be kinda of waif-ish for this look - which if you know me, you know I have no interest in. Elbows down is a no. Nothing in the crotch area (a place where many girls are throwing their swallows nowadays). So it's kinda weird.... but I kinda like these foot tattoos. The just go around the edge and if you have flats on it looks really cute and you can obviously cover it at times. And if I decide I hate it, it's only on my foot. So something like this...
Or with the option of maybe going up and around the leg a bit? Maybe adding some shapes?
This would of course all depend on what quote I ended up choosing and how it fit, yadda yadda yadda. So I guess that was the meat. Now the potatoes? Here are some of the ones that are standing out for me. Highlighted quotes or portions (is that silly?) are front runners. Others are just included to get the jist of what I'm looking for.
- I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future..
- The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- The future is called "perhaps," which is the only possible thing to call the future. And the only important thing is not to allow that to scare you.
- Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.
- A door opens to me. I go in and am faced with a hundred closed doors.
- In time I will fade away/In time I won't care what you say/In time, but time takes time you know (ben folds)
- but it's your life/and you can decorate it as you like/beneath the paint and armour in your eyes the truth still shines/jane be jane (ben folds)
- maybe something from it means everything by Save Ferris - that whole song justs pumps me up.
- You need to remember, you need time to forget/We need the time to change our minds/And separate the present from tomorrow/Disguised as yesterday (h20)
- And no one said it was gonna be easy, but I'm not afraid to try/ With the odds stacked up against me I will have to fight/ One life One Chance Gotta do it Right. (h20 - i see this as maybe a future rib?)
- maybe this weight was a gift/Like I had to see what I could lift (nada surf)
durrrr... what about "Here I Am, Still Intact" hahahahahaha. That might be the winner.