Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hrm....

Not sure what to do with this week. Not sure what to say. How much. How little. What really needs to be said. But when in doubt, there's usually someone else that said it better. So that's what I'm going with. Quotes from songs that are capturing my somewhat morbid, realistic and hopefully hopeful feelings for the week. And in that, hopefully doing a little bit of SOARing.


You're taught to divide the world into buddies and wives, sluts and wimps;
And ever since, you've kept a scorecard - how else to prove you're such the pimp.
You are just a robot, executing a program.
You are just a robot, an imitation of a man.
                    - Robot, Nada Surf

I'm left with yesterday
Left with trouble on my mind
No more the warm caress
Just emptiness & despair
I see my dreams burn before my eye
                     -Nick Northern, Snuff

You'll feel good for ten minutes
She'll be screwed up for life
What if they did that to your sister?
What if they did that to your mother?
                         -Mother's Day, Nada Surf     

Yes I wore a slinky red thing
Does that mean I should spread
For you, your friends your father, Mr. Ed
                        -Me and a Gun, Tori Amos

Here I am still intact
And I should give myself
Credit for that
                         -Weave and Unravel, Tilt


And when there's nothing to gain
Or bring me pain or pin the blame
On you or myself....
How ill feel like a beautiful child
Such a beautiful child again
                        -Beautiful Child, Rufus Wainwright
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment