Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another blog is born.

So yet another blog is born into the internet world. Personally, I've never really been a fan of blogging, but lately I just seem to have so much on my mind and I want to put some if it out there. Mostly for me, somewhat for some accountability in the changes I want to make and somewhat so my friends can follow what's really up in my life lately.

So why now?

I hate to sound cliche, but I recently ended a major relationship in my life (~7 years together- 4.5, a break and then 2.5). At first, I didn't realize how much of an effect this was going to have on me, but as time has gone by, I've become more and more aware of all the things in my life I have been procrastinating. It's really easy not to change or progress when you have an all to convenient excuse (aka my boyfriend) to remain stagnant. And now that I'm alone, a lot of this stuff has become all to apparent to me. I'm ready for a change, and I'm making steps to do so.

What to expect with this blog.

First and foremost, probably a lot of rambling. I tend to write a lot at times and get very bloggy, so what better place to put it than a blog? One thing I'll definitely discuss will be my journey with diet/exercise. I've yo-yoed quite a bit in the past (particularly related to body issues and bf issues) and am again determined to get this bad habit under control. There will probably be some ex-ramblings, and hopefully some news about new love interests. No blog about me would be complete with talking about my crazy rabbits, so expect to get to know Clive and Dirk well. I'm also trying actively to improve a lot of things in my life, including more volunteering, meeting new people and trying new things, so there will be a lot of that. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Probably some up and some downs on here, and definitely some blogginess and sappiness.

Really, I just want a place to put some of these things out there for myself (the public accountability helps me a lot) and for the interest of others (if anyone is actually interested!!! lol). It's been a long road for me in my life, and I think sometimes I forget how far I've come and really don't give myself credit for that. I want this to be a place I can focus on a lot of the things I've been thinking about lately, and remind myself of the changes I do want to make so I'm no longer that stagnant person I had become.

So I guess it starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment