Monday, January 11, 2010

Just went from a 9 to a 12!

Woot woot!!!!  First serious lifting scar tonight baby! This is gonna be a goodun. Holy smokes.  So here's the story. And pics of course. Normal workout, just doing some circuits.  First circuit was some lateral squats, step-up and overs, med ball slams and box jumps.  Now I think EVERYONE hates box jumps and now I have a pretty damn good reason. I'm actually ok at them and have been getting better, but I certainly don't enjoy them.  Well tonight I was on round 2 of my circuit and guess who missed her jump???


This girl did!!!

Yup, I totally freaking just missed it and ripped my shin open on the box. Excellent.  This is what happens when swimmers try to do things on land that require coordination. So of course I do this when the pair of guys I really enjoy watching lift (because they're intense, usually doing some impressive oly lifts in circuits with actually good form, push each other hard- they kinda really inspire/motivate me a decent amount honestly) are standing right next to me. They're chatting up one of the trainers when I walk over and say "Sorry to interrupt, but I think this is worth it. Where do I get a bandaid?"  They all look down at my leg and jaws drop as they see the giant gash in my leg starting to pour blood.



So the nice trainer took me upstairs, took out the first aid kit, we cleaned me up, bandaided and taped the crap outta my shin. And then, this part is my fav, I'm actually stupid enough to go back and finish my workout!!!  HA. So I walk back down and the guys are still there, still doing their thing. We chat it up a bit. They ask me if I'm patched up OK and I tell 'em I'm hanging in there.  They're clearly impressed at my badassness as I joke around with my leg pretty much still gushing through the medical tape. Then the extra fun one of the two tells me "You're awesome.  You just went from like a 9 to a 12 in my book!" 1) I'm laughing having a good time. 2) He just called me a 12!!!! 3) My workouts were impressive enough that he's taken notice of me before and mentally labeled me a 9?!?!?! 4) Crap, my leg is still gushing.


Something tells me this will never be me, besides the obvious facts of being white and a woman.

So I guess this is how I'm supposed to impress men? Is that the moral of the story? What do I need to do to get me a husband? Oi. So I went to CVS, got some gauze and tape, went home, showered, sang myself a song about how much showering was gonna hurt, cleaned it up and called my Dad to figure out if I needed stitches lol. So for now, I'm sitting my ass in bed with some elevation and compression and hoping this bleeding stops soon enough that my dad doesn't guilt me into a trip to the doc.  Sucessful night if I do say so myself.

My first good gym scar and a pretty ridic story to go with it. I just straight up missed the box jump.  Good job Katie. Grace and balance always were my talents.

7 comments:

  1. Yup, have fallen twice so far. Not hurt that badly though, mostly bruised my ego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie you are badass and hot and that's why you're a 12 (13 in my book because they haven't seen your dance moves yet). Maybe they'll talk to you more now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say, I impressed myself on this one. Got down to the white baby. That's hot. I think my dance moves are on hold for a bit as I limp around the office looking like a fool. And we did get a nice chatty conversation going afterwards (and I overheard the fun one say "she's cool" in reference to me lol). Maybe he'll teach me how to snatch one day, be my Oly guru. I certainly know how to leave an impression it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you see them again you could probably just ask for advice. And then maybe a protein shake date afterwards hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have you been healing? I'm impressed you took it all in stride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that is awesome about those guys ... also it worked out well that you're sporting a superman t.

    Better have those dancing legs (that sounds weird) ready for nawlins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Bullet hole update: Doing quite well. Things are shrinking and semi-healing, but it's still sore a month later lol.

    2. No protein dates yet, but we have enjoyed some mutual chuckles over my clumsiness.

    3. Brad, superman t? Really? I'm disappointed. It's CLEARLY a bizzaro t. Ok, maybe not in the pic, but it is :)

    ReplyDelete