Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's about that time.....

I try to avoid bloggy blogging on here, but it is about that time of the resolutions and I guess I'm writing some and they're going to be bloggy. So I will start by apologizing. And now to the blogginess.

1. Lushless Me. My biggie for the year is to be a bit less of a lush, which has been a bad habit that's developed recently. I don't particularly enjoy my drunk self or the things I do or say and I really need to and am ready to put and end to the. Pooey. That's what I think of that me. Now I'll still be imbibing, just going back to that good ol' concept of moderation that's done so well for people throughout the ages. Peace will return to the world and I will be a much much happier person. Go plan, go.

2. More Cooking for Good Looking!  I have a lot of awesome recipes that are delicous and healthy that I just haven't been motivated to make. It's a big shame. I could really enjoy my food, stay in shape and learn new things. So 2011, I would like to cook more during you. Hopefully, this will also revolve around my CSA, Boston Organics, and force me to try new foods and random times.

3. Flush the filth. It's been a long time now that I've been indulging and nurturing my potty mouth. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. It comes out at work, in front of inappropriate people, near kids... all places I'm terribly embarassed to be speaking like that. Yucky yuck yuck. It's ok sometimes, but I really need to cut it out.


4. Power off. The tube that is. I've been making good progress at starting to read more this year and I'm really happy with that. So I'd like to encourage that habit and hopefully keep it up. Maybe even upgrade out of youth literature at some point.

5. Self soothing. OK so that one may sound weird, but it basically just means that I need to do more on a regular basis to relax/meditate. If you do it on a regular basis, it's much more effective when you need it. We practice other things, why not practice that?

Alrighty, well I guess those are the main 5 for 2011. Not too too bloggy I hope. Comments, questions or thoughts welcome :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice goals! I was just talking about the idea of trying to read more this year actually. One goal I have - which I think you'd enjoy too - is one "photo worthy" thing per month. Like a trip to a museum, or a show, or something cool like that.

    You seem to do a lot more of that than me, so you probably don't need that as a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i REALLY REALLY like that goal!!! I was thinking of maybe one new physical thing per month, but that can be tough and limiting. something photo-worthy could totally include that but give me wiggle room too! I might steal your idea b-rad.

    ReplyDelete