Thursday, August 9, 2012

Darla is it?

We've all seen Finding Nemo, right? Excellent film. Thoroughly enjoyable. Well, I came to the realization today that I AM DARLA!!!!  The death machine that all the fish fear. Yeah, that's me.

At least in the world of plants I am. I kill everything. My amazing great grandmother would be rolling over in her grave if she saw what I do to plantlife of all kinds. Most recently, I've killed:
  • A basil bush (pricey too - got it at the farmers market!)
  • A smaller basil plant
  • Pansies
  • Venus fly trap
  • Most of my cilantro (a few sprouts are hanging on)
  • Lilies
  • Some mystery plant that looked like the speck from Horton Hears a Who.

I've even killed cacti. And bamboo. Twice.

The only thing I can seem to keep alive is this $0.99 plant I got from Walmart!


<===== Walmart plant FTW





I got a sunflower plant about two weeks ago and tried so damn hard to keep it alive. I read about it (ok ok, only a little). I tried to pay attention. Watered it (though I have no clue how much water you're actually supposed to give one). Put it in the sun. Talked to it. Loved it. All that good stuff.


No luck. He now looks like this ========>




I got a new one a few days ago, brought her home and put her next to her very dead friend. Probably moderately terrifying for the "new" sunflower. Assuming sunflowers can think and feel of course. And it hit me....

I. AM. DARLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment