Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Reading List

One big thing on my to-do list has been starting to read again! So here's my list of books I want to read. All varieties included. Please PLEASE post suggestions of more! I love lots of different genres so suggest anything!
Chick Lit (or just anything I know will make me cry)
  • Bridget Jones 1 and 2
  • Twilight Series
  • Joy Luck Club
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • The Notebook
  • The Princess Bride


  • In Her Shoes
  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Persuasion- Jane Austen (and the rest that I haven't read)
  • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Exercise/Nutrition
  • Maximum Strength- Eric Cressey
  • Muscle Revolution/ Huge in a Hurry- Chad Waterbury
  • Under the Bar - Dave Tate


  • Raising the Bar -Tate
  • Starting Strength - Mark Ripptoe
  • reread Nutrient Timing
  • The Female Body Breakthrough
  • Rock, Iron, Steel
  • Bigger, Faster, Stronger
  • Good Calories, Bad Calories
  • Built for Show- Nate Green
  • Scrawny to Brawny - John Berardi
Highschool/Middleschool Classics I Missed
  • Rebecca
  • Killing Mr Griffin
  • Forever- Judy Blume
  • A Hero Ain't Nothing but a Sand
  • Boy - Roald Dahl (pretty sure that's a re-read)
Series
  • Anything Dean Koontz
  • Finish up my Clive Cusslers
  • Something Bill Bryson

Other

  • The Great Bridge
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • Outliers
  • Running with Scissors
  • Girl with the Pearl Earing

4 comments:

  1. You know I have a million book suggestions so feel free to contact me for suggestions or I'll fill up your entire comment space. hehe

    Right now I'm reading "The China Study" which is the most comprehensive study on nutrition ever initiated. Have you heard of it? In terms of fitness and nutrition I like to look at the overall idea of eating good food rather than nitpicking on vitamins, minerals, and calories, so I find this book to be quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm quite familiar with The China Study. I haven't read it personally, but I've read many excerpts and reviews of it. Typically in the sports nutrition world (and definitely in the lifting world), it's really not too highly regarded as many of the studies discussed are quite skewed and it's usually the justification for adding soy (in many crap forms) into everything. If you're interested, I would suggest reading The Whole Soy Story, which is just about the complete polar opposite of the china study.

    Realistically, I believe the truth to be somewhere between the two POV's, but personally erring on the side of less soy for my personal lifestyle, and definitely in the more pure forms (like tofu or edamamme).

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all . . love the reading list! I've read many of them and now hope you enjoy Bridget!
    Also, I've heard good things about "The New Rules for Weightlifting". There's a men's and women's version that are both good.

    Happy reading!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I was in the middle of the NROL4W workouts, but I decided to take a break and do a workout more geared towards fat loss specifically for a few weeks. I've ejoyed the workouts more than I expected to and I really hope to finish up the program. So many routines I really want to do... I definitely have a mild case of exercise ADD :) If you're ever interested in borrowing, let me know!

    ReplyDelete